The Chinese Scholarship Council of the Chinese government is offering Pakistani students/scholars the opportunity to study and conduct research in Chinese universities in order to improve educational cooperation between the two countries. HEC is the nominating agency for these scholarships in the academic year 2022-23 on behalf of the Pakistani government.
The Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China has entrusted the China Scholarship Council (CSC) with the enrolment and administration of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available for undergraduate/bachelors, masters, and doctoral/PhD programs in the particular field of study for qualified students.
Areas of Scholarship
For scholarship awardees at all levels, designated Chinese universities offer a wide range of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine Arts, among others.
Chinese Government Scholarship Program sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies (Undergraduate, Master’s & PhD) including preparatory Chinese language studies for one year in some degree programs.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study (including preparatory years)||Chinese Language(preparatory study year*)|
LUMS National Outreach Program for Undergraduate Students. Steps to apply, important dates and other details
Tuition Funds. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover education, administration costs, health insurance and expenditures to support student activities.
Accommodation: Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy to each awardee.
Stipend: As per China Govt. Scholarship Program.
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 (Rs. 70000) per month (Min)
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 (Rs. 85000) per month (Min)
PhD students: CNY 3,500 (100000) per month (Min)
Travel expenditure would be borne by the scholarship winners themselves. HEC will have no financial responsibility.
Steps to Apply
- Apply online at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ . Deposit Rs. 1000/- through bank deposit slip in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad and upload the same slip on the HEC portal for successful submission of HEC online application form. The fee can be deposited in HEC online account from any HBL branch in Pakistan.
- After successful submission of the application at HEC portal, retain printed copy application form signed by yourself.
- Submit online application at CSC web portal at http://www.campuschina.org/ or http://www.csc.edu.cn through program Type: A and Agency No.5861. Download submitted copy of complete application form from Chinese Scholarship Council portal, print & retain a signed copy with yourself.
- For additional instruction about Chinese Govt. scholarship program, please visit the website of Chinese Embassy http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/202111/t20211112_10447623.htm or download Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship and fill the Chinese Govt. Scholarship online application form on CSC portal carefully.
- Submission of online applications at CSC & HEC portal are mandatory. In case of non-submission of form on any of the above two portals, candidature will not be considered.
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJ&K national. Dual nationality holders are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants with incomplete degrees on closing date of application are not allowed to apply.
- Applicants for undergraduate/bachelors program must have intermediate/A-level/FA-FSC (12 years) of education and be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
- Applicants for Master’s program must have a Bachelor’s degree (16 years) and be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants for PhD/Doctoral program must have a Master’s degree MS/MPhil (17/18 years) and be under the age of 40 years at the time of application.
- Meet the application requirement as prescribed on China Scholarship Council website & portal.
- Meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship currently.