Vivo recently unveiled its first foldable phone to a global audience, the vivo X Fold. The phone will be launched to compete with Samsung Fold Z and Oppo Find N who have already launched the foldable phones. It is a high-end device designed for efficiency, convenience, and consumer excitement.
The foldables market is expanding, with several new players expected to enter this year. The first is Vivo, which has unveiled its first-ever foldable phone, the Vivo X Fold.
The vivo X Fold is an excellent foldable smartphone that incorporates a slew of industry-leading technologies and outperforms in terms of screen crease optimization and hinge durability. The vivo X Fold introduces a slew of innovations in display technology, chip performance, battery life, and camera system, ushering in a new era of foldable smartphones.
Using a 120Hz refresh rate and E5 luminescent material on both inner and outer screens, the screens can achieve higher brightness, smoothness, color consistency, and visual coherence when combined with vivo’s self-developed color calibration schemes for a satisfactory display effect and excellent power control.
The vivo X Fold is the world’s first foldable phone with dual 3D Ultrasonic fingerprint sensors on both screens. The 3D Ultrasonic Dual Fingerprint Sensors on the vivo X Fold are known to achieve nearly 100% 3D information recognition accuracy and a 38.7 percent unlock speed boost over traditional photoelectric fingerprint sensors, resulting in faster and more accurate unlock.
The following are the full specifications for the Vivo X Fold:
- 2K E5 AMOLED folding display with a refresh rate of 1-120Hz and LTPO 3.0 6.53in FHD+ external display with a refresh rate of 120Hz
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (not confirmed how much)
- Rear cameras: 50Mp, f/1.8 main camera with OIS; 12Mp, f/2.4 secondary camera 2x zoom camera with 8Mp resolution, 5x periscope camera with 48Mp resolution, and f/2.2 ultrawide camera
- Selfie cameras include a 16MP outer selfie camera and a 16MP inner selfie camera.
- Wi-Fi 6, NFC, and 4600mAh battery
- Wired charging at 66W
- OriginOS 50W wireless charging for Android 12